Where is my brain? Why can't I concentrate or think before I speak? I guess it's either obsessing about cancer or curled up in a corner somewhere. I'm distracted. Work is hard when you can't concentrate. I work 20 hours a week at 12Stone Church and I volunteer about 10 hours a week in various places. I'm a busy person. I like being busy! Sometimes I like to stay busy because it means I don't have too much time to think. But I can't stay busy enough to distract myself from breast cancer. Boo.
I'm not the only one. Your brain is on overload, too. How do I know?
- Your eyes are glazed-over and you don't hear me talking to you.
- You can't remember important details.
- Your overbooked calendar leaves you exhausted.
- You're easily agitated and carry the world on your shoulders.
We all have reasons our brains check out. What's yours?
- Is it your relationships? Have you grown distant from someone you love?
- Do you have regrets about your past?
- Should you take the job? Should you move?
- Are you hiding from hurt? Running as fast as you can to avoid the reality of your choices?
- Are you worried about something you can't control?
Let's slow down. Let's think the hard thoughts. Make the tough decisions. Then let's pray and let it go. I want peace in my life, and I want peace for you, too. God offers it to every one of us.
I love you,