Here's some of what I'd like to do as a cancer survivor:
- Run the Peachtree Road Race with my husband.
- Bake an apple pie from scratch.
- Lead another women's small group at 12Stone.
- Go on a shopping spree at Charming Charlie's.
- Feed a baby animal with a bottle.
- Watch a sunset on the beach.
- Sit on the floor in a room filled with puppies.
- Go on a retreat to the Monastery of the Holy Spirit... by myself.
- Make homemade ice cream for my kids. (I even have the machine. I've just been too busy to open the box.)
- Go to the Grove Park Inn for two whole nights. Whoa.
- Have a sleepover with my girlfriends.
- Walk in a big field of waist-high flowers. (No snakes please.)
- Attend a Kentucky Derby party and wear an enormous beautiful hat.
- Write a book.
What would be on your list? Get started. Tomorrow is never guaranteed.
"Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise." Jeremiah 17:14